- Of or denoting bacterial fermentation that converts malic acid to lactic acid, especially as a secondary process used to reduce the acidity of some wines.More example sentences
- Made by Tom Newton from cooler climate fruit, some of which has gone through a malolactic fermentation and been aged in oak.
- It is in this process of imparting body and age that malolactic fermentation becomes the key… or so I learned!
- There are few strains of malolactic bacteria that are friendly such as leuconostoc and oenococcus oeni.
nounBack to top
- Malolactic fermentation.More example sentences
- Pinot Noir needs to go through malolactic to soften and stabilize the wine, and is therefore often kept in an isolated part of the cellar to prevent cross-contamination from lactic bacteria.
- This Chardonnay (fruit from Clarksburg and Monterey) has good texture from partial malolactic with creamy and nutty notes under lively pear and apple flavours.
More definitions of malolacticDefinition of malolactic in:
- The British & World English dictionary