Definition of malonic acid in English:
A crystalline acid obtained by the oxidation of malic acid.
- It unfolds as a complex interplay among bromate ions, malonic acid, and a catalyst.
- The occurrence of malonic acid has been reported in the leaves of lucerne and in green wheat plants.
- A particle size of the dispersed malonic acid of about 25 to about 1000 microns is suitable.
mid 19th century: malonic from French malonique, alteration of malique 'malic'.
- Example sentences
- Thyroid hormone levels were all normal, as were plasma levels of methyl malonate.
- This is the first report of the presence of these glycosylated flavonoid malonates in celery.
- The use of these ligands proved to be very effective in the reactions of several malonates and cyanoacetates with both electron-rich and electron-poor aryl chlorides and bromides.
Pronunciation: /ˈmaləˌnāt, ˈmā-/noun
Definition of malonic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan