Definition of malonic acid in English:
A crystalline acid obtained by the oxidation of malic acid.
- It unfolds as a complex interplay among bromate ions, malonic acid, and a catalyst.
- The occurrence of malonic acid has been reported in the leaves of lucerne and in green wheat plants.
- A particle size of the dispersed malonic acid of about 25 to about 1000 microns is suitable.
- Example sentences
- Thyroid hormone levels were all normal, as were plasma levels of methyl malonate.
- This is the first report of the presence of these glycosylated flavonoid malonates in celery.
- The use of these ligands proved to be very effective in the reactions of several malonates and cyanoacetates with both electron-rich and electron-poor aryl chlorides and bromides.
Pronunciation: /ˈmaləˌnāt/ /ˈmā-/noun
Mid 19th century: malonic from French malonique, alteration of malique 'malic'.
Definition of malonic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.