- A sugar produced by the breakdown of starch, e.g., by enzymes found in malt and saliva. It is a disaccharide consisting of two linked glucose units.More example sentences
- Several physiologically important disaccharides are sucrose, lactose and maltose.
- Systems for sensing specific sugars, such as galactose or maltose, or specific amino acids, such as histidine or proline, also are present.
- But up to two thirds of it can be replaced by other sugars, including maltose and sucrose.
More definitions of maltoseDefinition of maltose in:
- The British & World English dictionary