The branch of zoology concerned with mammals.
More example sentences
- He taught numerous classes in ornithology, mammalogy, population ecology, and animal behavior, and he led several generations of undergraduates on field trips throughout southern Wisconsin.
- Matthew Gompper, assistant professor of mammalogy at the University of Missouri and an ecologist specializing in carnivores, has been studying coyote population biology in the Northeast.
- Thomas Martin, head of mammalogy at the Senckenberg Research Institute in Frankfurt, Germany, agrees that Akidolestes may represent some kind of evolutionary throwback.
- More example sentences
- Based on morphology, most mammalogists of the last century agreed that rabbits, for instance, are not closely related to rodents.
- In northeastern Peru, Museum mammalogists tap local knowledge to catalog the fauna of the rainforest.
- As Milton plunges into the jungle, a young mammalogist walks out of it, tired from a night of capturing and measuring bats at different points around the island.
Definition of mammalogy in:
- The British & World English dictionary