Denoting or relating to the human female breasts or the milk-secreting organs of other mammals: mammary tumor viruses
More example sentences
- In spite of these similarities, several differences between rat and human mammary tumors have been reported.
- Benzidine has caused bladder cancer in humans and dogs, liver and mammary tumours in rats.
- Our study is larger than these and found no evidence of protection despite the experimental finding that development of mammary tumours is inhibited by such drugs.
noun (plural mammaries)informal
- I counted 26 breasts though, so if watercolour mammaries are your thing then you might enjoy taking a peep before the end of the month.
- As a young adult, her mammaries were modest in scale, but at around the age of 22, she had them enhanced for the first time, either with silicone or silicone bags filled with saline solution.
- The person to whom I previously bequeathed my entire estate, the woman with the enormous mammaries, apparently cannot be located, so I will have to designate new heirs.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of mammary in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.