1Covered with rounded mounds or lumps.
More example sentences
- There are three scales of excrement, mammillated areas and larger and smaller ellipsoids.
- The egg has a thick, mammillated outer shell that contributes to the parasite's resistance.
- The tubercles are mammillated and the surrounding areas apparently are granulated.
mid 18th century: from mamilla + the adjectival suffix -ated.
- More example sentences
- The outer surface of two parts yield numerous mamillate protrusions, which are larger and sparser on the calyx than those on the stalk.
- Near the apex the free walls project in rounded or mammillate form but later collapse, leaving the firm lateral walls in position.
- The leaf blades are stiff, glaucous to gray with strongly mammillate margins.
Definition of mammillated in:
- The British & World English dictionary