Definition of mammillated in English:
1Covered with rounded mounds or lumps.
- There are three scales of excrement, mammillated areas and larger and smaller ellipsoids.
- The egg has a thick, mammillated outer shell that contributes to the parasite's resistance.
- The tubercles are mammillated and the surrounding areas apparently are granulated.
mid 18th century: from mamilla + the adjectival suffix -ated.
- Example sentences
- The outer surface of two parts yield numerous mamillate protrusions, which are larger and sparser on the calyx than those on the stalk.
- Near the apex the free walls project in rounded or mammillate form but later collapse, leaving the firm lateral walls in position.
- The leaf blades are stiff, glaucous to gray with strongly mammillate margins.
Definition of mammillated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan