Definition of man-eater in English:
1An animal that has a propensity for killing and eating humans.
- We want hyenas and lions and feral pigs and other maneaters!
- A tiger turns into a maneater only under extraordinary situations, like when it grows too infirm or disabled to hunt or when there is a scarcity of its natural prey.
- We've probably got about 10 or 12 species that are incapable of biting people and there are only 3 that have been proven to be maneaters.
2 informal A dominant woman who has many sexual partners.
- She is a real maneater - it is as if she is addicted to men and sex and she always had to have a boyfriend.
- Fevvers's good-time girl is about a hundred times healthier than Annabel's white-clad, world-fearing maneater.
- His character, Darren Silverman, is in the right place at the right time, and thus is able to hook up with the ‘queen of all hotties’, Judith, who turns out to be a maneater.
Definition of man-eater in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.