Definition of manatee in English:
An aquatic mammal with a rounded tail flipper, living in shallow coastal waters and adjacent rivers of the tropical Atlantic.
- Family Trichechidae and genus Trichechus: three species, all of which are endangered, including the West Indian manatee (T. manatus)
- Native animals range from the jaguar and howler monkey to the manatee, and there are more than 290 species of birds.
- There are three species of manatees, including the West Indian manatee.
- They provide food and shelter for thousands of species, including endangered manatees, dugongs and sea turtles.
Definition of manatee in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia