Definition of manchineel in English:
A Caribbean tree that has acrid applelike fruit and poisonous milky sap that can cause temporary blindness.
- Hippomane mancinella, family Euphorbiaceae
- While on the beach, keep a lookout for manchineel trees because the fruit and sap is highly poisonous.
- Most manchineels have red warning bands painted round the trunks and danger signs attached.
- A picnic lunch was arranged on the beach under a manchineel tree and guest swam in the clear blue waters while John planted coconut trees along the shore.
Words that rhyme with manchineelallele, anele, anneal, appeal, Bastille, Beale, Castile, chenille, cochineal, cockatiel, conceal, congeal, creel, deal, eel, Emile, feel, freewheel, genteel, Guayaquil, heal, heel, he'll, keel, Kiel, kneel, leal, Lille, Lucille, meal, misdeal, Neil, O'Neill, ordeal, peal, peel, reel, schlemiel, seal, seel, she'll, spiel, squeal, steal, steel, Steele, teal, underseal, veal, weal, we'll, wheel, zeal
Definition of manchineel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan