Definition of mandrill in English:
A large West African baboon with a brightly colored red and blue face, the male having a blue rump.
- Mandrillus sphinx, family Cercopithecidae
- Her work with the large African monkeys known as mandrills shows that red coloration gives males an advantage when it comes to mating.
- Viarruel said calls had been made by his colleagues to the Ministry of Public Utilities and Environment to repair the boxes where the chimpanzees and mandrills slept.
- Other new arrivals to the park this winter will include mandrills and bamboo lemurs.
Words that rhyme with mandrillmandrel
Definition of mandrill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan