- A large, long-legged, endangered wild dog that has a reddish coat with black hair across the shoulders and large erect ears, native to the grasslands of South America.
More example sentences
- Chrysocyon brachyurus, family Canidae
- The maned wolf, a solitary denizen of South America's savannah grasslands, is the continent's largest wild canid, by far.
- This extreme and varied habitat supports 3,500 plant species, 650 bird species, 260 types of fish, and more than 100 different mammals, including such endangered species as the jaguar, the maned wolf, and the giant otter.
- What is worse, her hair resembles the russet hue of a maned wolf.
More definitions of maned wolfDefinition of maned wolf in:
- The British & World English dictionary