- 1The chemical element of atomic number 25, a hard gray metal of the transition series. Manganese is an important component of special steels and magnetic alloys. (Symbol: Mn)More example sentences
- The list includes sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, cobalt, copper, zinc, and molybdenum.
- Most Nebraska soils contain sufficient levels of potassium, magnesium, manganese, iron and sulfur for sunflower levels.
- The mineral elements most likely to be deficient in vineyards are nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, boron, iron, manganese, and magnesium.
late 17th century: via French from Italian manganese, unexplained alteration of medieval Latin magnesia (see magnesia).
More definitions of manganeseDefinition of manganese in:
- The British & World English dictionary