Definition of manicure in English:
A cosmetic treatment of the hands involving cutting, shaping, and often painting of the nails, removal of the cuticles, and softening of the skin.
- Nail salons offering manicures and pedicures are also quick and have the added benefit of improving your appearance.
- The shop specialises in manicures, pedicures and nail extensions, and technicians will design whatever style you want on your nails.
- Cintech offers nail technology services, which include manicures, pedicures, spa treatments and paraffin.
verb[with object] Back to top
1Give a manicure to.
- She tapped her perfectly manicured fingernails on the granite tabletop impatiently.
- Some women would feel naked without color on perfectly manicured fingernails.
- Sophia came up to her, brushing her long manicured fingernails against her cheek.
1.1 (usually as adjective manicured) Trim neatly: manicured lawns
More example sentences
- There prosperous new managers live in gracious homes with neatly manicured gardens.
- This is laid out over two levels and has a manicured lawn with herbaceous borders and a patio area with Indian limestone tiling.
- The back garden is 80 feet long, with a manicured lawn with floral borders and a patio that can be accessed from the kitchen.
Words that rhyme with manicurepedicure • sinecure
Definition of manicure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan