Definition of manna ash in English:
An ash tree that bears fragrant white flowers and exudes a sweet edible gum (manna) from its branches when they are damaged, native to southern Europe and southwestern Asia.
- Fraxinus ornus, family Oleaceae
- Beams of ash and oak were split along the grain by wedges, and they rolled great manna ashes down from the mountains.
- This presidium, supported by the regional authority of Sicily, brings together growers of manna ash for the purpose of improving collection techniques.
- Trees include manna ashes, Cornelian cherry, oriental hornbeam and silver lime.
Definition of manna ash in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.