Definition of map turtle in English:
A small North American freshwater turtle with bold patterns on the shell and head.
- Genus Graptemys, family Emydidae: several species, in particular G. geographica
- It's Thursday afternoon, and a young girl has brought in a baby Mississippi map turtle (called Mr Turtle), who is suffering from a loss of appetite and is less lively than normal.
- Although they superficially resemble sliders and painted turtles, Map turtles have a number of unique features that set them apart from other semi-aquatic turtles found in the same area.
- Optimum habitat for the Map Turtle includes large creeks with slow to moderate currents, complete with pools and riffles, a soft to gravel bottom, and aquatic vegetation.
Definition of map turtle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia