Definition of map turtle in English:
A small North American freshwater turtle with bold patterns on the shell and head.
- Genus Graptemys, family Emydidae: several species, in particular G. geographica
- It's Thursday afternoon, and a young girl has brought in a baby Mississippi map turtle (called Mr Turtle), who is suffering from a loss of appetite and is less lively than normal.
- Although they superficially resemble sliders and painted turtles, Map turtles have a number of unique features that set them apart from other semi-aquatic turtles found in the same area.
- Optimum habitat for the Map Turtle includes large creeks with slow to moderate currents, complete with pools and riffles, a soft to gravel bottom, and aquatic vegetation.
Definition of map turtle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.