Definition of marabou in English:
noun(also marabou stork)
1A large African stork with a massive bill and large neck pouch, feeding mainly by scavenging.
- Leptoptilos crumeniferus, family Ciconiidae
- The fish eagle and marabou stork are very common predators
- We saw hippo and elephant but for me highlights were a rare slaty egret, an in-your-face look at a marabou stork standing over a single egg on its head-high nest.
- Of those that died, only one was visibly ill before disappearance, three were suspected to have been lost during intergroup encounters, one was killed by a warthog, and six were preyed upon by marabou storks.
1.1Down from the wing or tail of the marabou used as a trimming for hats or clothing, or on a fishing lure.
- A long, narrow tulip-shaped suede coat worn with marabou hat and boots opened a show strong on couture-like pieces.
- Now take tying thread down to the bend and tie in marabou or arctic fox for the tail.
- If I start wearing stonewashed pedal pushers and marabou slippers could someone shoot me please?
Words that rhyme with maraboumarabout
Definition of marabou in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.