- A cherry preserved in maraschino or maraschino-flavored syrup.More example sentences
- The secret, he tells me, is to use decent bourbon rather than the more traditional rye, and he garnishes the drink with a twist of lemon and a fresh blackberry, rather than the red-dye-infused maraschino cherry from days of yore.
- I popped the maraschino cherry on the top of the banana split into my mouth and stared at the door.
- A huge-brimmed glass contained the drink, which was topped with a very generous portion of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry, which I promptly lost in the swirling foam of rum and coconut and never saw again.
More definitions of maraschino cherryDefinition of maraschino cherry in:
- The British & World English dictionary