Definition of mare's tail in English:
1A widely distributed water plant with whorls of narrow leaves around a tall stout stem.
- Hippuris vulgaris, family Haloragaceae
- Southern farmers can now add tropical spiderwort, mare's tail and morning glory to their list of glyphosate resistant weeds
- At 2 oz. / acre, its residual control spectrum includes seedling dandelion, common lambsquarters, mare's tail, horseweed, eastern black nightshade, pigweeds and shepherd's purse.
- Interestingly, pike-bearing streams also contained an abundance of mare's tail, while streams without pike did not.
Definition of mare's tail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan