- A small South American wild cat with large eyes and a yellowish coat with black spots and stripes.
More example sentences
- Felis wiedii, family Felidae
- We had reached Mexico's Calakmul Biosphere Reserve, home to jaguarundis, ocelots, margays, pumas, and jaguars.
- Or you may be lucky enough to spot one of the jaguar's smaller cousins: an ocelot or a puma, a margay or a jaguarundi.
- Clearly, bobcats could survive hunting pressures better than margays and ocelots.
late 18th century: via French from Tupi marakaya.
More definitions of margayDefinition of margay in:
- The British & World English dictionary