More definitions of MarinerDefinition of Mariner in:
- The British & World English dictionary
- A sailor.More example sentences
- Perhaps these mariners were particularly skilled, sensitive to the marine environment, or just plain lucky.
- The lake's edges are pockmarked by hundreds of steep, narrow coves that provide absolute privacy for the cruising mariner.
- The crew responded immediately, racing to the scene and recovering the four mariners with one of the ship's small boats.
Middle English: from Old French marinier, from medieval Latin marinarius, from Latin marinus (see marine).