Definition of marital in English:
Of or relating to marriage or the relationship of a married couple: marital fidelity
More example sentences
- If the wife deferred to the husband because of the marital relationship, that is another thing.
- The mother of the children told police she and her husband had been having marital problems for the past six months.
- He prefers marital banter with his wife on the phone to talking about measurements and ingredients.
early 16th century: from Latin maritalis, from maritus 'husband'.
- Example sentences
- Well, if that's not financially or maritally feasible, another option is to sell the Miata.
- Their analyses delineated the odds of a maritally distressed spouse having a psychiatric disorder or class of disorders in comparison to spouses who were not maritally distressed.
- Given the positive treatment outcome suggested by the findings of this study, it is important that maritally distressed couples be referred for intervention in a timely fashion.