Definition of marjoram in English:
noun(also sweet marjoram)
1An aromatic southern European plant of the mint family, the leaves of which are used as a culinary herb.
- Origanum majorana, family Labiatae
- The herbs grown include basil, chives, chervil, dill, lavender, mint, moss curled and Italian parsley, oregano, sage, sweet marjoram, savory and thyme.
- In a sunny window, try oregano, rosemary, sage, sweet marjoram, and thyme.
- The most distinct relatives of mint are basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, savory, and thyme, all of which are members of the Labiatae family.
Words that rhyme with marjoramlabarum • pittosporum
Definition of marjoram in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.