Definition of marjoram in English:
noun(also sweet marjoram)
1An aromatic southern European plant of the mint family, the leaves of which are used as a culinary herb.
- Origanum majorana, family Labiatae
- The herbs grown include basil, chives, chervil, dill, lavender, mint, moss curled and Italian parsley, oregano, sage, sweet marjoram, savory and thyme.
- In a sunny window, try oregano, rosemary, sage, sweet marjoram, and thyme.
- The most distinct relatives of mint are basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, savory, and thyme, all of which are members of the Labiatae family.
Definition of marjoram in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan