1A person who sells goods or services in a market: a consumer-goods marketeer
More example sentences
- Others are ravaged by hunger and thus spend their time at various marketplaces selling merchandise for marketeers to make ends meet.
- It is a wonder how every day a levy is collected from the hundreds of marketeers who sell their merchandise but nothing of great value in terms of self-help efforts to clean up has been seen.
- The coexistence of mortals and immortals has been lost, not to make the film easier to follow but to make it easier to sell for Hollywood marketeers.
1.1 [with adjective] A person who works in or advocates a particular type of market: free-marketeers
More example sentences
- The thought was rather alien to hard-nosed capitalist marketeers and took many years to secure a foothold.
- Finally, if you don't have labor markets, the entire argument that marketeers put forth for having any kind of markets collapses.
- It is a different scene with experts like Joseph Stiglitz, ex-World Bank top economist, openly critical of the gung-ho marketeers.
Words that rhyme with marketeeradhere, Agadir, Anglosphere, appear, arrear, auctioneer, austere, balladeer, bandolier, Bashkir, beer, besmear, bier, blear, bombardier, brigadier, buccaneer, cameleer, career, cashier, cavalier, chandelier, charioteer, cheer, chevalier, chiffonier, clavier, clear, Coetzee, cohere, commandeer, conventioneer, Cordelier, corsetière, Crimea, dear, deer, diarrhoea (US diarrhea), domineer, Dorothea, drear, ear, electioneer, emir, endear, engineer, fear, fleer, Freer, fusilier, gadgeteer, Galatea, gazetteer, gear, gondolier, gonorrhoea (US gonorrhea), Greer, grenadier, hand-rear, hear, here, Hosea, idea, interfere, Izmir, jeer, Judaea, Kashmir, Keir, kir, Korea, Lear, leer, Maria, Medea, Meir, Melilla, mere, Mia, Mir, mishear, mountaineer, muleteer, musketeer, mutineer, near, orienteer, pamphleteer, panacea, paneer, peer, persevere, pier, Pierre, pioneer, pistoleer, privateer, profiteer, puppeteer, racketeer, ratafia, rear, revere, rhea, rocketeer, Sapir, scrutineer, sear, seer, sere, severe, Shamir, shear, sheer, sincere, smear, sneer, sonneteer, souvenir, spear, sphere, steer, stere, summiteer, Tangier, tear, tier, Trier, Tyr, veer, veneer, Vere, Vermeer, vizier, volunteer, Wear, weir, we're, year, Zaïre
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of marketeer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.