- A fine light cotton, rayon, or silk gauze fabric, now chiefly used for net curtains.More example sentences
- Here's an article on marquisette and grenadine that might interest you. I remember my grandmother having the dotted marquisette curtains.
- Now and then, pausing for a word, she glances through the marquisette curtains that blur the scene below and impart to it a quality she cannot name but but which bewitches her at this time of day, especially in the spring.
- He might, as long as he lived, lie on the rubber sheet in the center of the bed in the front bedroom where the white marquisette curtains billowed out in the afternoon sea breeze, rustling like palmetto fronds.
early 20th century: from French, diminutive of marquise.
More definitions of marquisetteDefinition of marquisette in:
- The British & World English dictionary