- • informal Marry a rich person.More example sentences
- The saying, ‘A good marriage is better than a good job,’ which means one can enjoy a better life by marrying money than finding a job and working hard, has gained more support among people, especially among women.
- She married money - her husband is a former banker who became a wealthy real estate developer - and the family fortune makes her the richest member of the delegation.
- Lady Sara's personal fortune is considerably diminished after paying the debts of her brother, and she feels she must marry money, in the person of the chilly but wealthy Mr Bracket.
More definitions of marry moneyDefinition of marry money in:
- The British & World English dictionary