Definition of marsh marigold in English:
A plant of the buttercup family that has large yellow flowers and grows in damp ground and shallow water, native to north temperate regions. Also called cowslip.
- Caltha palustris, family Ranunculaceae
- Spring flowers which can be spotted in the wood at this time of year include the yellow celandine, marsh marigold and wood anemone (also known as wind flower).
- Spring and early summer is also the best time to enjoy the varied colours of waterside plants including marsh marigold, water mint and yellow spearwort which is a sort of aquatic buttercup.
- Early spring brings the bright yellow flowers of marsh marigold - followed, as the seasons progress, by woolly sedge, false nettle, swamp aster, water horehound, and swamp goldenrod.
Definition of marsh marigold in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.