Definition of marsh marigold in English:
A plant of the buttercup family that has large yellow flowers and grows in damp ground and shallow water, native to north temperate regions. Also called cowslip.
- Caltha palustris, family Ranunculaceae
- Spring flowers which can be spotted in the wood at this time of year include the yellow celandine, marsh marigold and wood anemone (also known as wind flower).
- Spring and early summer is also the best time to enjoy the varied colours of waterside plants including marsh marigold, water mint and yellow spearwort which is a sort of aquatic buttercup.
- Early spring brings the bright yellow flowers of marsh marigold - followed, as the seasons progress, by woolly sedge, false nettle, swamp aster, water horehound, and swamp goldenrod.
Definition of marsh marigold in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan