Definition of masala in English:
1Any of a number of spice mixtures ground into a paste or powder for use in Indian cooking.
- In the tomato juice, mix the gram flour, turmeric, chilli-powder, masala, coriander and cumin seed powder.
- Add the corn flour or maida, kasooti methi, masala powder, chilli powder and salt.
- However, the bright side was that all types of Indian food such as rice, masala, spices and pickles were available in the two countries, at Indian grocery shops.
1.1A dish flavored with this: chicken masala
More example sentences
- The five meals tested were cheese and tomato pizza, chicken tikka masala, steak and kidney pie, quiche Lorraine and beef lasagne.
- Statistics show Britain's favourite foods include beef lasagne, chicken tikka masala and pizza.
- Chicken tikka masala has replaced roast beef and Yorkshire pudding as the country's favourite dish.
Words that rhyme with masalaCarla, challah, Douala, gala, Guatemala, Gujranwala, impala, kabbala, Kampala, koala, La Scala, Lingala, Mahler, Marsala, nyala, parlour (US parlor), Sinhala, snarler, tala, tambala, Uppsala
Definition of masala in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan