- 1Any of a number of spice mixtures ground into a paste or powder for use in Indian cooking.More example sentences
- In the tomato juice, mix the gram flour, turmeric, chilli-powder, masala, coriander and cumin seed powder.
- Add the corn flour or maida, kasooti methi, masala powder, chilli powder and salt.
- However, the bright side was that all types of Indian food such as rice, masala, spices and pickles were available in the two countries, at Indian grocery shops.
- 1.1A dish flavored with this: chicken masalaMore example sentences
- The five meals tested were cheese and tomato pizza, chicken tikka masala, steak and kidney pie, quiche Lorraine and beef lasagne.
- Statistics show Britain's favourite foods include beef lasagne, chicken tikka masala and pizza.
- Chicken tikka masala has replaced roast beef and Yorkshire pudding as the country's favourite dish.
from Urdu maṣālaḥ, based on Arabic maṣāliḥ 'ingredients, materials'.
More definitions of masalaDefinition of masala in:
- The British & World English dictionary