Definition of mason bee in English:
A solitary bee that nests in cavities within which it constructs cells of sand and other particles glued together with saliva.
- Osmia and other genera, family Apidae
- We investigated the effects of distance and flower density of two flower species on pollen collection by providing nest locations for the mason bee Osmia lignaria in natural settings.
- It's easy to make a mason bee house by drilling holes into a block of untreated wood.
- Here, beekeepers in a Herefordshire, England, orchard use smoke to subdue a hive, mostly likely a species of mason bee.
Definition of mason bee in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan