A small North American rattlesnake of variable color that favors damp habitats.
- Sistrurus catenatus, family Viperidae
More example sentences
- They may be preyed upon by larger animals, such as large owls, coyotes, or large snakes, such as eastern massasauga rattlesnakes.
- Some wildlife enthusiasts are worried about the possible disappearance of the massasauga, the only poisonous snake in the state.
- Behind glass, loll the snakes: timber rattlers, pygmy rattlers, desert massasauga rattlers, and most of the other 32 rattlesnake species known to inhabit the United States.
mid 19th century: formed irregularly from Mississauga.
More definitions of massasaugaDefinition of massasauga in:
- The British & World English dictionary