- A cell filled with basophil granules, found in numbers in connective tissue and releasing histamine and other substances during inflammatory and allergic reactions.More example sentences
- Both lead to the release of mast cell and basophil immune mediators.
- This compound is employed as a classic mast cell secretagogue that releases histamine.
- Furthermore, our observations suggest that a prominent mast cell reaction seems more related to pattern and nuclear grade I carcinomas than to poorly differentiated neoplasms.
late 19th century: mast from German Mast 'fattening, feeding'.
More definitions of mast cellDefinition of mast cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary