Definition of master mason in English:
1A skilled mason, especially one who employs other workers.
- Anyone who arrived at the building site and claimed that they were a master mason would be tested by the Master Mason and by master masons already working on the site.
- The identities of the architects - or more precisely of the master masons - responsible for both buildings are unknown.
- The job requires a master mason to set the first course, grout bond beams, and install and tension the post-tension tendons.
2A fully qualified Freemason.
- It's also true that he was a Master Mason of the 33rd Degree, the highest you may rise, which is why I believe it was named Club 33 (there are many other theories).
- Socrates, James believes, was initiated as a Master Mason.
- My Father is a 32nd degree Mason, as was his father a Master Mason and a 7th Day Adventist.
Definition of master mason in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan