Relating to the mastoid process: mastoid disease
More example sentences
- The relationship between middle ear disease and mastoid development remains unclear although it is known that poor mastoid development is associated with middle ear disease.
- Cholesterol granuloma is usually associated with chronic middle ear disease and is common in the mastoid antrum and air cells of the temporal bone.
- Common to all of these patients is an abnormal connection between the sterile subarachnoid space, and the sinonasal region, middle ear cleft and mastoid cavity.
1The mastoid process.
- Longstanding cholesteatomas expand to involve the mastoid, inner ear, and facial nerve.
- They were implanted in the mastoid, frontal and maxillary regions for periods of 1 week to 2 months.
- The group of patients underwent modified radical mastoidectomy because of the presence of a sclerotic mastoid with extensive cholesteatoma.
1.1 (mastoids) [treated as singular] informal Mastoiditis.
Mid 18th century: via French and modern Latin from Greek mastoeidēs 'breast-shaped', from mastos 'breast'.
Definition of mastoid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.