- A dish of fish in a sauce of wine and onions.More example sentences
- On the menu were classics unheard of in Fifties London: paté de campagne, matelote d' anguille and bouillabaisse.
- The matelote receives universal praise and quickly vanishes.
- For the matelote: In a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine pike, heavy cream and egg yolk and mix until smooth.
French, from à la matelote, literally 'mariner-style', from matelot 'sailor' (see matelot).
More definitions of mateloteDefinition of matelote in:
- The British & World English dictionary