Definition of materiality in English:
noun (plural materialities)
1The quality or character of being material or composed of matter.
- First, the intangibility of speech better mirrors the materiality of ultimate reality (which is abstract, not concrete).
- Through encountering the materiality of the site the woman encounters her own materiality in a new way and with renewed intensity.
- Instead, subjectivity is constructed, coded and actively stretched across the materiality of networks.
1.1chiefly Law The quality of being relevant or significant: the applicant must establish materiality on the balance of probabilities
More example sentences
- Give them equal significance; each is of equal materiality and significance.
- Its materiality could only have the quality of materiality if it did more than record the bare fact that this was, in fact, a lease without the mortgagee's consent.
- The Tribunal must consider the materiality and substantiality of the employer's reason.
Definition of materiality in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan