- The part of mathematics concerned with the study of formal languages, formal reasoning, the nature of mathematical proof, provability of mathematical statements, computability, and other aspects of the foundations of mathematics.More example sentences
- He worked on mathematical logic, in particular ordinal numbers, recursive arithmetic, analysis, and the philosophy of mathematics.
- He then extended his father's work on associative algebras and worked on mathematical logic and set theory.
- During this period at Cambridge, Wittgenstein continued to work on the foundations of mathematics and also on mathematical logic.
More definitions of mathematical logicDefinition of mathematical logic in:
- The British & World English dictionary