noun• informal , chiefly US
- A person who takes part in a mathematics competition, especially one organized for schoolchildren.More example sentences
- It was bad enough being a sister to James, who makes the mathletes look edgy.
- Forget spelling bees, it's time mathletes had their day in the sun.
- Though the last 50 years have yielded many a historical moment from the comic situations that ensue between prom royalty, rebels and mathletes, I believe the most recent teen movie renaissance is over.
More definitions of mathleteDefinition of mathlete in:
- The British & World English dictionary