- 1(Especially of hair or fur) tangled into a thick mass: a cardigan of matted gray woolMore example sentences
- Her normally pristine white hair was matted and stringy and streaked with gray.
- I hugged the dead dog and cried a gallon of tears into its matted fur, begging it to wake up.
- His shirt was torn, his bow tie squinty and matted hair fell over his face.
- 2Covered or furnished with mats: the matted floorMore example sentences
- After the chairs got filled, some preferred to sit down on the matted floor, slouching against the wall with their eyes closed.
- The competition standard matted floor area is proving invaluable to the 135 gymnasts who train at the club every week.
- A wide, rectangular shaped room, the sparring grounds was lined with benches on the sides and a matted floor in the middle.