Definition of maturity in English:
1The state, fact, or period of being mature: their experience, maturity, and strong work ethic the delicate style of his maturity
More example sentences
- These are the signs not only of old age, but of maturity, experience and wisdom.
- It was almost childlike, but with a strong underlying sense of maturity and wisdom.
- The female mouse reaches sexual maturity at an age of 5-6 weeks.
1.1The time when an insurance policy, security, etc., matures.
- Your capital is guaranteed as long as you keep the bond until maturity date.
- As bills of exchange are meant to be discounted, they do not usually remain in the hands of the ostensible payee until their date of maturity.
- For an investor who plans to hold the bond until maturity, liquidity risk is less important.
1.2An insurance policy, security, etc., having a fixed maturity date.
- Much of this is multilateral and bilateral debt and suppliers credits with long-term maturities and favourable terms that should not be refinanced.
- Fixed mortgage rates continue to fall across all maturities.
- But you don't want to go out too far in maturities.
Words that rhyme with maturitybiosecurity, cybersecurity, futurity, immaturity, impurity, obscurity, purity, security, surety
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.