- Perhaps; possibly.More example sentences
- I hope sincerely that you will come, and mayhap if possible bring the boy too.
- Perhaps I have, or mayhap I have just become used to my surroundings and not so much changed as adapted.
- They sensed something she could not, saw something in the air mayhap, or some event fast approaching, and they screamed and hollered and shouted their base insults in an attempt to crack her mental walls like so many fragile eggshells.
mid 16th century: from it may hap.
More definitions of mayhapDefinition of mayhap in:
- The British & World English dictionary