An alcoholic drink of fermented honey and water.
- Almost all the tables were full with drunken commoners, washing away their troubles with ale and strong mead.
- While we partied, many men were drunk from too much ale and mead.
- Warriors with old scars and ever-honed muscles drank their mead and shared stories of their own battles.
- Gone was the safe, familiar home, set amidst a tumble of rolling, well-tilled fields dotted with farm buildings, and grassy meads redolent with the scent of wildflowers.
- All the preceding afternoon and night heavy thunderstorms had hissed down upon the meads.
- Instead of brick courtyards and side-lit rooms where music is played and good housewifery rules, we have boats, meads, cows, horsemen and horsewomen.