- A burrowing vole that occurs in grassland and open country in Eurasia and North America.
More example sentences
- Genus Microtus, family Muridae: numerous species, in particular Microtus pennsylvanicus of the northern US and Canada
- Here we describe a blond coat color mutation in the meadow vole that arose in a captive breeding colony established from wild-caught animals from southern Illinois.
- One captive meadow vole had 17 litters during one year, totaling 83 young.
- Heinrich finds a variety of strategies on display near his Maine cabin: meadow voles thriving in the subnivian zone (under the snow), weasels hunting ten meals a day, and tree frogs whose body fluids freeze.