- 1Having a slow, regular rhythm: he walks with confident, measured stepsMore example sentences
- He approached Drake, Quin, and Dale with slow, measured steps.
- The girl stopped to listen and, when no sound met her ears, chose a direction at random and began to take slow, measured steps.
- Nitrus, complying, took slow, measured steps as if it was all a part of a master plan, yet he was shaking inwardly.
- 1.1(Of speech or writing) carefully considered; deliberate and restrained: his measured proseMore example sentences
- But the practicalities of measured judgement and well-timed decisions and deals can, they argue, be learnt and well cultivated.
- When he talks, it is with quiet, carefully measured sentences.
- Her writing and performance are as measured and thoughtful as they are snortingly funny.
- More example sentences
- ‘This,’ Raven said, slowly and measuredly, ‘is for my father.’
- Then in another bulletin, the President is aired where he slowly and measuredly states that land reform will take place within the legal framework.
- With all due respect to the biographical enterprise, isn't this an instance where the subject has spoken so measuredly and finally that there is really little more to say?