- A medically qualified public officer whose duty is to investigate deaths occurring under unusual or suspicious circumstances, to perform postmortems, and to initiate inquests.More example sentences
- For instance, the two groups differed markedly over 107 deaths certified ‘homicide’ by the forensic pathologist medical examiners.
- Notably, Rhode Island, unlike some other states, did not at the time have a law requiring medical examiners to refrain from performing autopsies over religious objections.
- The medical examiners in our study were divided concerning the use of autopsy tissues for research purposes.
More definitions of medical examinerDefinition of medical examiner in:
- The British & World English dictionary