Another term for health tourism.
- Many nations around the world, particularly developing countries, have taken advantage of the benefits of medical tourism.
- The relatively low cost treatment provided by Indian hospitals has led to the development of medical tourism in the country.
- The MP for Keighley and Ilkley said she had some concerns about such "medical tourism".
medical tourist noun
- Example sentences
- Then a chance conversation with a friend put him in touch with another "medical tourist" who had been to a hospital in Bangalore for minor surgery.
- Despite these numbers, regional competition for medical tourists is fierce.
- The State's health care industry is competitive in terms of cost and quality, and is rapidly emerging as a destination for foreign medical tourists.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: med·i·cal tour·ism
Definition of medical tourism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.