1(Of a substance or plant) having healing properties: medicinal herbs humorous a large medicinal Scotch
More example sentences
- Although the overwhelming majority of medicinal substances come from plants, some are derived from minerals and animals.
- The most impressive sections include the long list of medicinal herbs and plants.
- While the majority of species are medicinal, other useful plants were also included.
1.1Relating to or involving medicines or drugs.
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs for one, and plain old aspirin for another, are two drugs with proven medicinal value of a high order.
- In this way, the weaker students can be assisted by the input from those who are fluent in medicinal chemistry and drug design.
- He lists and describes the dietetic and medicinal uses of 81 drugs, citing their Arabic and Persian derivations.
A medicinal substance.
- It is used to improve solution stability, reduce the crystallization effect of syrups, as well as to enhance the palatability of these medicinals.
- In 1690 an area for the cultivation of medicinal plants was set up in nearby Fort Saint Elmo, and the crops would no doubt have been used to make ointments and medicinals.
- Since the late 1970s, increasing work has focused primarily on human hair analysis for illicit psychoactives and medicinals.
- Example sentences
- Licorice has been used medicinally for coughs, digestive problems and inflammation.
- It's also been used medicinally for millennia.
- While we are familiar with looking to herbal formulas for medicinal value, spices also have much to offer medicinally.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.