- 1The action or practice of meditating: a life of meditationMore example sentences
- We learn yoga and meditation but the practice slips away when you are caught up with work.
- So you can use the practices of yoga and meditation to find and establish your own way.
- Practice yoga, meditation or have a massage to help relieve tension and anxiety
- 1.1A written or spoken discourse expressing considered thoughts on a subject: his later letters are intense meditations on man’s exploitation of his fellowsMore example sentences
- The writing, like much of Taylor's writing in the meditations, would be conventional if it were not so odd.
- It's that that makes the final poem in the meditations, written when he was eighty-one, so moving.
- Discussions will include meditations on what mark a city leaves on a film after its been shot on location, and vice versa.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin meditatio(n-), from meditari (see meditate).