A small southern African mongoose, especially the suricate.
- Suricata and other genera, family Herpestidae: three species
More example sentences
- Over the past year, we have been making a film on meerkats in the southern Kalahari.
- There are wallabies, meerkats, flamingoes, maras and tamarin monkeys in both zoos.
- Some animals, including meerkats, are able to distinguish between close and more distant relatives and non-relatives.
Definition of meerkat in:
- The British & World English dictionary