Definition of meerkat in English:
A small southern African mongoose, especially the suricate.
- Suricata and other genera, family Herpestidae: three species
- Over the past year, we have been making a film on meerkats in the southern Kalahari.
- There are wallabies, meerkats, flamingoes, maras and tamarin monkeys in both zoos.
- Some animals, including meerkats, are able to distinguish between close and more distant relatives and non-relatives.
Words that rhyme with meerkatSno-Cat • polecat • muscat
Definition of meerkat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.