- A unit of data size or (when expressed per second) network speed, equal to one million or (strictly) 1,048,576 bits.More example sentences
- It is one of the most spectrally efficient mobile data technologies on the market, promising a peak speed of 2.4 megabits / second in just 1.25 MHz of spectrum.
- The company claims speeds of 100 megabits per second - the same as today's fast Ethernet, and with a software upgrade, 1 gigabit per second is possible.
- Both offer almost the same data speeds with 8 megabits per second as a maximum.
More definitions of megabitDefinition of megabit in:
- The British & World English dictionary