(also megamouth shark)
Definition of megamouth in English:
A shark with a very large wide mouth and tiny teeth, first captured in 1976 off the Hawaiian Islands.
- Megachasma pelagios, the only member of the family Megachasmidae
- The megamouth shark is characterized by a distinctive white band on the anterior surface of the snout.
- The megamouth shark is one of the most mysterious and least understood of all the sharks.
- The outermost surface of the megamouth's body is blackish brown, while its belly is noticeably white.
Definition of megamouth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan