- A unit of electromotive force equal to one million volts.More example sentences
- There is a procedure to do that with minor power lines - that is, those of less than 100 megavolt amperes and 110 kilovolts.
- VA Tech will supply the autotransformers, rated at 240 megavolt - amps and 276 megavolt-amps, until the end of 2005, and the contract includes an option for the supply of strategic spare transformers.
- He indicated that existing methods require either megavolt accelerators to fuse deuterium or ‘a special radioactive tritium target and hence government licensing.’
More definitions of megavoltDefinition of megavolt in:
- The British & World English dictionary